Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oh how He loves us!

So after this past Father's Day, (which was a rough day for some in this camp), I started thinking about fathers... What it meant to be a father, and then what it meant to be some one's child, daughter, son.
There is nothing more beautiful than the love of Him, my Father in heaven. I'm so incredibly grateful that He adopted me as His own, I'm no longer His creation-I'm His child. And it's not because of anything that I have or could have done, there's nothing that could make me worthy of Him, His love and the blessings He has in store. It's all just because He chose me, He loves ME... Seriously no matter times I realize that, it just resonates joy in the deepest parts of my soul.I am loved by the King of kings, and I can't even begin to fathom all the wonderful things he has in store for me.

I came across this video and it has really touched me:



Wow... how is it that some one who knows everything about me, (all the ugly, dirty, skeletons I try to hide), could still happily and freely love me?
I love so much about the message in that video, but @ 1:23 that's when it all really struck me and I almost cried.
"You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book."
The verse it is referencing: "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:15-16
It's not like some one gets pregnant and then God is like, 'well... guess we better figure out a purpose for this one...' It's not like that baby is a burden to Him. It may not be the "right" timing or situation for us, but He has it worked out already. It's like the next picture in the video says, (Acts 17:16) "I determined your exact time of birth, and where you would live."
Everything in your life, even before you were conceived has a purpose... that is just so amazing to me, & incredibly reassuring.

Sometimes I wish I would've realized all this sooner, and dedicated to my life to Him before I had to go through all the self-inflicted pain and heartbreak. But then I realize that I'm exactly where I need to be today, & I like it here.

Okay well I think that's all... I can't stop watching that video, over and over again.

The wedding is officially going to be on 8/10/10 :D I'm so excited! & I know that Nicholas is going to be a wonderful father to our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment