Sunday, September 19, 2010

K- Kick (in the pants)

This Sunday i had a pretty big realization or 'kick in the pants' if you will. (Yes I know it's a stretch just have to fit it in with the theme lol.)
We were at church for a night of worship where Nic and my cousin both got baptized.

The last couple days before that I had been feeling extremely anxious. I don't know if that's the best word but its the only one i can think of... and I realized that deep down my real issue was that I kept thinking 'this wasn't the plan'/'this isn't fair' I was trying to pray for guidance but I had so many other things popping into my head. Then I remembered:
"Many are the plans in the mind of man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Prov. 19:21

So in all reality this is, and always has the plan. Every single second of my life.

Last year when I came home from being nanny, I knew what I wanted to do with my life. So in school when we had to tell the class all about how we saw our future careers playing out, my revolved all around this imagine of me being a young wife and mother. It's all I've really wanted for at least the last year or more... so now why that it's happening do I feel like this wasn't my plan?
I think it boils down to fear. (story of my freaking life.) I just need to remember that while my life may not be some magical fairytale, it is still absolutely wonderful. I have the Lord beside me each and every step, He does want the best for me.

So here's to the end of making "plans", and the beginning of following the real plan-that He has for my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment