Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I feel like I have so much to be thankful for this year. Yes we have our stress and challenges, but we have been soo blessed : )
I just think back to where I was last year... ugh I'm thankful to just be in a new stage of life.


17 weeks

I'm super thankful for my slowly-growing tummy. It may not have been in our plans to have a baby this soon, but God knew that this is the right time for our little Asher to join our family. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to be pregnant, and be a mommy. I'm scared, nervous, and sometimes I complain to Nic about feeling fat, sick, or tired. But I don't, not even for one minute take any of this for granted. I know many beautiful wonderful women who are not able to conceive and carry a baby, and for all we knew I was going to have similar struggles. So even though this baby makes me sick & weak and sometimes it feels impossible to get comfortable, I know that in a few months it will all be more than worth it. & then when being a mommy is rough, when I'm not sleeping, and I have no free-time, I won't take any of that for granted. I have Nic right beside me whenever things get rough, reminding me of how much of a blessing our baby truly is.

26 weeks
I'm thankful for all the wonderful people in my life who I love, and that love me back.

& I have more gratitude then I could ever express for having a God who brings beauty from ashes, and restores broken lives.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    You may feel yucky but you look great :)

    Katy

    ReplyDelete