Thursday, February 17, 2011

38 weeks

I am so ready to have this baby!

haha only 9 more days till my due date, and this Saturday (2/19) is the day I've been hoping he would be born from the very beginning... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Even though in all honesty I've never been to the hospital for myself, never broken a bone, gotten stitches, or surgery or anything like that... so I'm a little nervous about it, but not too much.
We went to our appointment today and last I was dilated to a 1.5 and 60% effaced, today I was dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced... so something is definitely getting ready to happen.
Last week at the appointment after she got done checking me, there was a rush of liquid and she says, "I think I may have broken your water." I was trying to stay calm and I just kept saying, "okay... okay..." Nic was laughing the whole time, not only because he could tell I was about to freak out but also because he was getting excited at the possibility. She took some ph strips to test and see... "Okay I think I just made you pee." Nic & I were both laughing at that point. I guess I could have been totally mortified and embarrassed but meh... no big deal at least we walked away with a funny story. :]



I'm trying to remember to cherish the last few moments we have pre-baby. As soon as he's born our lives will change drastically. I need to enjoy having as much peaceful sleep as I want. But I'm also cherishing all the fun things I get to experience right now, like feeling Asher kick and push and roll around. While I'm so anxious to meet him and see what he looks like, this time is really fun because we get to play with him, but he doesn't cry or poop or anything haha. Like the other night after I had gone to sleep, Nic stayed up reading and playing with Asher. I guess they were pushing back and forth and even played a little hide & seek, I was completely unaware any of this was happening until I tried to get up to go potty, and Nic told me, "No, you can't go-I'm bonding with my son." haha seriously that man of mine is so cute sometimes.



 Our Valentine's Day was lovely. Saturday we went to Applebee's with my parents. Which just happens to be where we went on our first date, (that's a funny story for another day.) Nic had work and school on Monday so we couldn't do anything. I got a long stem (4 feet) long rose, and small bouquet that matched our wedding colors. 'My gift' to Nic was his new glasses, (that should be here any day....) I'm not really into the whole holiday honestly...which is a good thing because whether we are working for ourselves or someone else V-Day is huge for the spa-industry and so both of us (or at the very least Nic) will have quite a bit of work to do that day every year. Honestly my favorite part of it all was that my valentine will 'Be Mine' every single year to come... no gift could make my happier than just knowing that simple fact.



I really wish I had something more interesting to say... but I don't right now. :) haha.

1 comment:

  1. hilarious line, "we get to play with him but he doesn't cry or poop."

    We so excited for you!! I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy has flown. Any day now... (so exciting!!!)

    I hope as soon as you feel better and things have calmed down you can post some pictures of the handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete