Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Day Before You

It was one year ago today that I meant my Nicholas.
One year ago that my life began to undergo some pretty radical changes.
I found the love of my life, and my best friend-my other half.

Here's a message I sent my cousin last March that kind of tells the story:
"K so I have failed at keeping you up to date in my life, obviously.... Me and [ex] broke up in January. He thought it would be best for him to be single for awhile, since when we were broken up he was with [another girl] and such. I was super hurt, but I realized he was right, and I figured we would end up together anyway.
One week in Feb was absolute hell for me. I got super depressed, stop eating or doing anything but sleeping and going to school. I spent a lot of that time just praying for my feelings for [ex] to just go away, they were just harmful, and he didn't deserve my love anymore. On that Friday I went to school but only for half the time, cuz we have a college group at church every Friday so I left school, and walked into college group like an hour late.
I saw these two kids I didn't know sitting on a couch together, a cute boy and some girl. After the lesson I was talking with Cassie and I kept noticing him looking over at me... Then we were all going to Denny's and I noticed the girl he was with was driving a Jeep! So when we got to Denny's they were sitting on a bench in the waiting room and I just went and sat in between them and was like "Hi! I'm Jordyn! I don't think I've met you guys before" I asked her about her Jeep and such, I've never had a more outgoing moment in my life. When we sat down they sat on the same table with me and Cassie. & we all just had so much fun laughing and talking. It was the first time in a long time I had felt that good.
I hung out with Nic, the girl, and Bryce a couple nights later. Again it was awesome, and he held my hand. Like two days later I went over to his house with Jayson to watch a movie with him and the girl. He picked Spice World, just for me, and then we watched an American Tail. Jayson and the girl fell asleep so we started cuddling and such... then it was like 4 and I had to take the car home for my mom. But lucky for me we were snowed in and had to spend the night on the couches at his house. In the morning Jayson wouldn't wake up so we spent the next few hours on the floor just cuddling and talking, it was the first time we actually got to spend time alone. & he was all, "i like you... a lot" it was great just getting to know each other and stuff. When it was time for me to leave, he hadn't kissed me and I was all upset so I was just like, "what are you waiting for?" he was like "I'm not sure..." then we sat there for a few minutes and then he finally kissed me.
We went on our first official date a week after we met, and that same night we decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend. I was really nervous about it... but I realized that I was really seriously falling for him. & it all just felt so different. Sometime later he told me he loved me, & I freaked out because I knew I loved him but I didn't want to admit it yet. But I can't hide anything from him, he seriously just reads me so well..
I realized that with [ex] I had changed a lot of who I was/what I wanted out of life just to make him happy, because I thought he was the one. & with Nic it's crazy, he just tells me his like goals and dreams and so many of them are right on par with the dreams of mine that I had been hiding for so long. Like wanting to live in Washington, and wanting to adopt little children lol. Nic just gets me... I know it sounds cheesy, and so much about us is cheesy but it's true. He knows that if I'm being super cranky it probably just means that I'm hungry, if I'm emotional I'm probably sleepy. He doesn't care that I'm the verge of being clinically insane. We were talking the other day and I told him that he had probably seen me at my craziest, and he said, "if that was only 50% of your maximum crazy, I could handle 100% easily." aww...
Haha I'm completely in love and happy, the feelings I have for him just blow me away, it's so different than anything else I've felt and this time I know that Nic feels exactly the same, or even more. I just look at him and I can't help but smile...
He is my One.
I'm so lucky to have someone who is so incredibly understanding, and sweet, and smart, and adorable... My family all loves him and he has the same beliefs as me, he just laughs when I'm being ridiculous and always knows just what I need to be okay... and Friday after college group we were talking about past relationships and why they didn't work, and just other crappy things from our pasts. and he said something like, "Jordyn I know now that everything I had to go through, was for you... so I would know what you need and how to treat you, and love you. Even though we haven't known each other very long, I've been waiting and preparing for you my whole life." :D

The Day Before You-Matthew West (cover of Rascal Flatts)






I had all but given up on finding
The one that I could fall into
On the day before you
I was ready to settle for
Less than love and not much more
There was no such thing as a dream come true
Oh, but that was all the day before you

Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

In your eyes I see forever
Makes me wish that my life never knew
The day before you

Oh, but Heaven knows those years without you
Were shaping my heart for the that day I found you
If you're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you

Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

Was the last day that I ever needed alone
And I'm never going back
No I'm never going back

Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
No I'm never going back
I will never have to go back to
The day before you 




 Nicki oh my Nicki,
Leaving school that Friday was one of the best decisions I've ever made.  I was just looking to hear what God had given Steve to share with all of us. I never knew walking into the church that night that I would meet the man I had been waiting for entire life. I was young, and not looking for love-but it found me. Every day I love you more and more. I just think of how crazy, and blessed this last year has been and it makes me so excited to share my life with you. 
You're a total babe, and I love your cute face.
-Your Pretty Lady

1 comment:

  1. sweet. I think that's the key finding someone who loves us and is there when we have it all together as well as on the days we're falling apart. (Dustinn's the best for my craziness too. :)

    ReplyDelete