Saturday, March 19, 2011

Forgiveness

"Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord,how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven." Matthew 18:21-22

You think we should fit a certain mold,
so you don't give us support.
You show us love-but it's always cold,
is this the way it should be?

Those things you say-the things you do,
every little bit hurts more and more.
I've been told this is nothing new,
but we keep hoping for things to change.
We have learned how to forgive you,
& each time we hope it is the last.



7X70 by Chris August
"I lost count of the ways you let me down
But no matter how many times you weren’t around-I’m all right now
God picked up my heart and helped me through
And shined a light on the one thing left to do
And that’s forgive you-I forgive you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment