Saturday, March 12, 2011

I See The Best of Me Inside Your Eyes



Our precious little boy is already two weeks old :] He weighs 8lbs 15oz, & he's 21 3/4 inches. He's just chugging right along with his development & we couldn't be more proud. He got circumcised at his two week appointment & so the last two days haven't been very fun. He's just much more fussy than usual, if he isn't sleeping he has to be held and rocked. I feel so bad for my little guy but I know his discomfort will be over in just a few days.



Nic had to do a double clinic shift which means he left @ 6:30 this morning, came home in the afternoon for a couple hours and took a nap, & he won't be home till 10:30. I've had our sad fussy boy all to myself all day, & I babysat Peanut for a couple hours. It's been a stressful day to say the least. I'm still adjusting to being mommy... becoming a wife was a pretty easy transition but going from being pregnant to having a baby has been a huge change for me. Luckily Asher sleeps well at night I only have to get up 2 or 3 times a night and only for about a half hour. I don't usually feel too exhausted, it's only caught up to me a few times.


But for this guy... it's all worth it. He makes such funny faces-he has my pouty face with his bottom lip protruding, it's so sad but so cute! He's a little space-heater just like Nic. 9 times out of 10 he'll be sleeping on his side, we lay him on his back & he'll roll over to his side, and he makes squeaky noises in his sleep (he totally gets that from me) We're just having lots of fun getting to know our baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious picture of Asher pulling on his lip.

    ReplyDelete