Wednesday, October 19, 2011

writing flashback.

So I've been writing a lot lately. Nothing I'm ready to share with the world quite yet, but I'm writing. and that makes me sooo happy. Just something about the pen, and paper just naked waiting to have thoughts spilled out onto them. (I am so much less creative behind a keyboard-weird I know.)
I found this piece I wrote in 2009 & it just speaks to me and what I see right now so I thought I'd just take a minute and share it. :]

 ...

"Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." Acts 18:9-10

...and after what felt like an eternity, I see you turning...
But...
Oh...
You're lost...
You're going down the path paved before you, it seems right... and we've been taught it is right.
I'm screaming for you run this way, "Run, run away, don't let it all twist your mind, and blind your spirit." I cry out for you to join me next to Christ. You can hear me, but you don't want to understand...
You spin around and around trying to find what you need.
You think that way is easier, and Christ whispers, "Come to me; all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest... For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
I can't tell if you hear Him or not, because right as you start to stall someone calls out from the other side, "You know this feels right." You nodded, closed your eyes, and followed along... just as He spoke these words, "The heart is deceitful above all things."
I cry and beg my Lord to save you from the traps.
He looks at me, wipes my eyes and tells me, "Love is patient... I know it must not be your time, only He knows...
I'll keep on praying, keep on fighting to help in the only way I can anymore. You're running away and running out of time... You need to hurry and choose for yourself this day whom you will serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment