Friday, December 30, 2011

101 goals in 1001 days

Here is my list of 101 goals* to complete in 1001 days.
I was going to start on Jan 1st but discovered if I start December 31 2011 then my end date is September 27 2014.
Which just so happens to be 25th birthday. neat.


1. Go on vacation with Nic-the honeymoon we never had
2. Bake a cake from scratch
3. Make a new recipe at least once a week for 3 months (0/12 weeks)
4. Have an all natural delivery
5. Get at least one massage a month while pregnant (0/9 months)
6. Read the Bible cover to cover (0/66 books)
7. Visit the east coast
8. Go future home planning in Washington state
9. Try thai food
10. Write out my testimony-the long version
11.Run a half marathon
12. Make 10 crafts to decorate my home
13. Hold a tarantula
14. Take a cooking class
15. Join a book club
17. Grow my hair to my waist
18. Get over my fear of the dark
19. No fast food for a month
20. Host a dinner party
21.Read one book a month (0/32)
22. Go to Canada
23. Put away $10 for every goal completed
24. Work hard to find my abs
25. Go on a wine tour
26. Learn some basic sign language (enough to keep up a simple conversation)
27. Go on a date in a rented classic car
28. Make Asher an ABC book
29. Keep a dream journal for a week
30. Write and record a song with Nic
31. Sew my own skirt
32. Go to a drive-in movie
33. Own a DSLR camera
34. Start our own holiday tradition
35. Do my hair everyday for 2 weeks, (no ponytails!) (0/14)
36. Get a new car (preferably a midsize SUV)
37. Re-pierce my belly button
38. Sell $101 worth of product on my Etsy shop
39. Throw a surprise party
40. Sponsor a child through Compassion International
41. Have a designated date night once a month (0/32)
42. Lose __ pounds
43. Watch no TV for a week
44. Share my faith with a stranger
45. Send anonymous encouraging notes (0/25)
46. Take Nic to a concert
47. Create a family mission statement and frame it
48. Campout by the Christmas tree
49. Go to Disneyland (at the very least California)
50. Nic get Lasik
51. Take a hot air balloon ride
52. Wash and wax our car by hand
53. Attend a spin class
54. Make 10+ 'I love and appreciate you' gifts for Nic (0/10)
55. Make a snowman with my little family
56. Memorize 15 Bible verses (0/15)
57. Get bikes for Nic & I (and somewhere for our babies to ride)
58. Bike ride up to Bridal Veil falls from the mouth of Provo Canyon
59. Hike to the top of Timp for the sunrise
60. Raise butterlies and release them
61. Make homemade pizza
63. Chop down our Christmas tree
64. Learn to play an instrument
65. Make Texas Roadhouse rolls
66. Take (and pass) the MBLEX
67. Get my massage liscense
68. Write a novel
69. Go to a ball
70. Learn to do different braids
71. Make cake pops
72. Dye my hair red
73. Fill up my picture frame (the big one i got for Christmas '10)
74. Milk a cow
75. Make a list of 101 positive things about myself
76. Send 5 postcards via postcrossing (0/5)
77. Take ballroom dancing lessons with Nic
78. Go skiing or snowboarding
79 Potty-train Asher
80. Watch Les Miserables
81. Have a tea party
82. Learn to knit
83. Make melted crayon art
84. Go on a cruise
85. Be able to do 15 push ups (real pushups-not girly ones)
86. Send Asher an email once a month (0/32)
87 Increase my flexibility (Be able to to place my palms on the floor while standing, and do the splits etc..)
88. Give a 100% tip
89. Get up at 7 am, 7 days in a row
90. Create a cute signature
91. Make a T-shirt quilt
92. Make a rag rug
93. Read 'How to tuck in a superhero' & '101 things you should do before your kids leave home'
94. Go letterboxing (like geo-caching but without a gps)
95. Take a candlelight bubble bath
96. Go through my closet and throw away/donate old clothes (0/5)
97. Write 5 letters to 5 people who changed my life (0/5)
98. Spend a day at a spa getting pampered
99. Get a library card (for our current city)
100. Start school for esthetics
101. Get a passport 
 *I reserve the right to edit, add, or delete any goals in the next 1001 days for any reason I see fit. ;]

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your list!

    I'm starting on 01JAN and am *so* impatient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea. I've never heard of it before. Your goal ideas are so really diverse and clever. We should've made Thai for you guys! We're Thai fanatics.
    Can I just say 25 in 2014? You're a young'un. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. V-That would have been awesome! I'm really nervous to try Thai, and I figured when I do I have to have people who love it there with me so I'll know what to order... & yes I am very young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot. I should've put that disclaimer on mine too. Maybe I will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordyn-you have some great goals. Come try Thai w/ me and jarrod. we love it and love to make you a believer!!! Washington State is amazing, i love it. I grew up in the Seattle area and miss it. You're an inspiration! i need to sit down and make some goals for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4. Have an all natural delivery
    5. Get at least one massage a month while pregnant (0/9 months)

    36. Get a new car (preferably a midsize SUV)

    57. Get bikes for Nic & I (and somewhere for our babies to ride)

    Was this supposed to be a subtle announcement, did you forget the announcement... or is it wishful thinking? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany we would love to go out for Thai with you guys!!

    & Anon no announcement. We are just planning on having at least one more baby in the next couple years :)

    ReplyDelete