Saturday, February 11, 2012

Top 10 Cheesy Love Songs

I think if you ask any parent they will agree to this, but one of the strange phenomenons that happens is suddenly all those cheesy love songs, that you couldn't ever possibly relate to a significant other, have meaning. You have a shining face that you think of with, and sometimes you even can't help but be overwhelmed with love.

Here is my list of the top 10 cheesy love songs that make me think of my little one:

10.(God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time-N*SYNC

I never thought that love could feel like this
and you've changed my world with just one kiss.
How can it be that right here with me there's an angel?  It's a miracle...



9.You're the Inspiration-Chicago

You're the meaning in my life
you're the inspiration.
You bring feeling to my life
you're the inspiration.
When you love somebody 'til the end of time



8.Everything-Micheal Buble

I get to kiss you baby just because I can.
Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,
And you know that's what our love can do.
And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, You make me sing
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

'in this crazy life... you make me sing' even when things are hard, scary, stressful... he makes me feel hopeful, & playful.

7.Smile-Uncle Kracker

Don´t know how I lived without you
'Cuz every time that I get around you
I see the best of me inside your eyes
You make me smile
You make me dance like a fool

This little boy helps bring out the best in me. I'm more patient, I sing & dance more, I'm less selfish... God brought him into my life to help mold me into a better version of Jordyn.

6.Better Together-Jack Johnson

Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together


5.Fix You-Glee (Coldplay cover)

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace 
When you love someone, but it goes to waste 
Could it be worse?

Someday my baby is going to get hurt and I want him to always know he can come to me or his daddy for help.


4.can't help falling in love-elvis

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

My Grandma helped me fall in love with Elvis and I plan on passing that to my children. This one of the songs that when it comes on I have to pick him and dance around the living room together.

3.I Knew I Loved You-Savage Garden

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life


I remember listening to this song just hoping that someday I would find someone that I loved like this... I love my Nicholas, oh how I love him for eternity, but it's different... 

1.How Do I live-leann rimes

I need you in my arms, need you to hold,
You're my world, my heart, my soul


I heard this song on the radio the day after Asher's seizure. I was singing along, & bawling... (it was probably quite the sight)

1.All of Me-Matt Hammitt

You're gonna have all of me, you're gonna have all of me,
Cuz you're worth every fallen tear, you're worth facing every fear
You're gonna know all my love, even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts, giving you all of me is where I'll start.
I won't let sadness steal you from my arms
I won't let pain keep you from my heart
Trade the fear of all that I could lose, for every moment I share with you

Okay this song isn't really cheesy but it's beautiful, and it has to be on this list. It's another that makes me cry. Matt Hammitt wrote this song for his son who was born with a 'broken heart', and so it's written from  him to his son & also to the Lord. When Asher had his seizure he had stopped breathing, I saw him in Nic's arms going gray,  I was so afraid I was going to lose baby. 'Trade the fear of all that I could lose, for every moment I share with you' we could've let those fears take over our lives but instead all we see is that Asher is a very healthy and happy boy, yes that night was scary but we immensly blessed to have this little man in our lives.


So, what songs remind you of your little one(s)?

1 comment:

  1. Love this list. We've been enjoying playing these off your blog.
    Hmmm, songs that remind me of our little ones. Baby Beluga by Raffi (because we changed a lot of the words and would sing Baby Olivia) and Cinderella (Liv & Nic)...we made up words to the tune of Elmo's World for Bradshaw...and Take Me Out to the Ballgame because he would belt it. :)

    ReplyDelete