Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rush.

I haven't had much time or motivation to blog.

I am loving being a mommy, its getting easier all the time. But I still have my struggles, I'm not nearly as patient as I need to be with my little toddler.
Nic and I are best friends, we joke and laugh, and cuddle, and fight. I love him. I love them both.
Yes times are hard right now. We are going through a bunch of trials that are hitting us all at once, but by the grace of God we are surviving.

I recently had someone ask me if I "rushed into all this". Without even hesitating I said, "no." They replied with, "well that's good because I've always thought you did. I just keep thinking you could have done something amazing with you life, you could have had so much success but now...." I was so offended, it took everything I had not to start crying. This was one of my friends basically telling me that I settled for a less than life, that I was not, nor would I ever be successful.

I look at my son, my Asher. He is smart, beautiful, social, happy, he is advanced and thriving. So much of who he is, is because I am his mommy, because I teach him and love him day after day. If that is all I have to show for my life is that I loved a little boy more than I love myself, I consider that a huge success.



Nic and I both graduated from massage therapy, even though we got married in the middle of a term. I was 7 months pregnant when I finished. & he had to keep going all throughout trying to help take care of a baby.

We got married after knowing each other for about 6 months, & I know that is fast. Trust me, I know. But it was not a decision we made lightly, there was A LOT of prayer involved, and there were times when I felt like I should be doubting us but I never did. I still don't. We have been married for a year and a half now, I know that it is not a huge accomplishment. But we so proud of ourselves, we are still in love, we are still best friends. We may be more easily annoyed with one another at times, usually when we are under a lot of stress, but through it all we are each others biggest support system.



No. I did not rush into becoming a wife or a mother. I got married when I was 20 and became a mother when I was 21, that is so young, but for me it is perfect. Asher Ryan was meant to be born on 02/26/2012, and we were always meant to be his mommy and daddy. My God is a God of perfect timing, I am not a perfect person, but He is a perfect God.
I am a successful mommy in a successful marriage. & we are going to have many more successes in the future.

5 comments:

  1. As always, beautifully written from the heart. Of course you are successful and of course you are living a fulfilled life! It will only get better from here and despite what people may say, you can still have it all! In fact, you will be more grateful for your accomplishments and get more from them because it's a challenge. Not only that, it gives you more opportunity to rely on your God and grow closer to him. You're amazing Jordyn, don't let anyone tell you differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you two and that sweet little boy of yours. I too was young when I had my first son(19). And never once did I feel I was giving up anything to be a mother, I still love being one and believe it is one of the greatest ways we serve our God, by raising up children in His ways and to love and serve Him. My husband,children and their spouses and grandchildren are the most important people in my life. Never let others words make you feel bad in doing this great work. love ya--proud of you--keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last line of your post. I agree!!!
    Life is about family. There is no reason to put the greatest thing on hold to acquire something lesser (in my opinion.) You are successful.
    I'm so sorry times are hard now and all the trials are hitting you at once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very blessed. I love reading your blog. I met my wonderful husband and he proposed 6 weeks later. We marries less than a year after we first saw each other. 13 fantastic years later, our marriage gets stronger every day, despite living daily with the pain of lupus. keep believing in yourself.
    love Clare from England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, and for your support. :)

      Delete