Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 New Year

The last little bit of 2012 was super busy for us. Lots of moving and parties and shopping and catching a cold... all while taking care of Asher, and me being pregnant. But we managed to survive and even have some fun!

This boy LOVES snow.

I definitely think having an almost-2 year old made everything much more magical. He loved to watch the snow, and he would tell me all about how Santa would come "knock knock" and bring him a "'tar" (guitar). He was so excited about all the little things.




On December 29th Owen became a big brother to baby Mason.

Asher loves to hold and kiss Mason. I think it has made him even more excited for his baby brother to be born. He will hug my belly and say "hi baby"

Now its 2013. Another new year. Nic just turned 26 and we just weeks away from adding another little boy to our family.

I didn't really do resolutions last year, but I did start my 101 goals. At this point I pretty much know I won't complete them all, (some for lack of desire), but I can't decide if I should leave the list as-is or if I should change/adjust it... But the good news is, I did accomplish some of my goals this year.

Finished:
 1. Go on vacation with Nic-the honeymoon we never had (September 2012)
18. Get over my fear of the dark. (I think is one that I will have to continue to conquer but I just remember "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Tim 1:7 & "God is bigger than the boogie-man, He's bigger than godzilla or the monsters on tv" that silly song from Veggie Tales has helped me a lot!)
 35. Do my hair everyday for 2 weeks, (no ponytails!) (14/14)




40. Sponsor a child through Compassion International   We actually decided to sponsor through- (Potter's Field Ministries)
46. Take Nic to a concert (Feb '12)
61. Make homemade pizza (Nov '12)
72. Dye my hair red (1/02/12)
73. Fill up my picture frame (the big one i got for Christmas '10)

In Progress:
5. Get at least one massage a month while pregnant (1/9 months)-this one won't get finished, unless I count all the mini-massages Nic has given my achey body.
6. Read the Bible cover to cover (17/66 books)
10. Write out my testimony-the long version -This is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated
21.Read one book a month (13/32)
41. Have a designated date night once a month (4/32) -I stopped counting at some point... 
54. Make 10+ 'I love and appreciate you' gifts for Nic (1/10)
70. Learn to do different braids
86. Send Asher an email once a month (1/32)
87 Increase my flexibility-This will resume once I'm no longer pregnant.
91. Make a T-shirt quilt
92. Make a rag rug
96. Go through my closet and throw away/donate old clothes (2/5)

This year I'm also not going to make a bunch of new resolutions (besides writing more), but I'm choosing one word to focus on. I wanted to pick a word that could easily sum up where I lack... so I picked STRENGTH. I want to increase my strength in every sense of the word. (Nic picked 'happiness' for himself). So here's to 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment